Ahhh, beautiful Arizona spring. Although it seems like we just finally said goodbye to the cold and rain (did anyone else freeze at a Spring training game?), this amazing season has finally graced the Valley of the Sun with its presence so let’s open the doors and windows and breathe in the amazing air. Take a few minutes with this one because it is truly rejuvenating! Spring in the Valley is one of the most wonderful scents there is.
So are you ready for a little DIY home refresh? We have five easy ways to welcome in this beautiful new season and breathe new life into your home.
- Shake out those summer clothes and put away the one winter coat you own. You can take this a step further and do a mini Marie Kondo on those clothes and donate what you didn’t wear last summer.
- Freshen up your front porch. Add new outdoor furniture or even just a few new throw pillows, plant some flowers and embrace color! You could try a new hue on your front door and freshen up the trim. Hello Spring!
- Give your accessories, art and photos a Spring reboot. Change out some pictures, rearrange the frames, add some new wall hangings – switch it up! And don’t forget to add some fresh flowers or green cuttings to a vase. These small changes can really breathe new life into your home.
- Clear the kitchen counters completely. They look amazing, don’t they? Now only put back what you use every day and store everything else in a basket to look through later. Chances are you may not need a lot of what is in that basket but got so used to seeing it on your counter that it became somewhat invisible. A counter cleared of clutter will give your kitchen an instant makeover.
- Tidy the entryway! If you have just a small front door area or an entire dedicated area, tidy it up! Clear the mail pile, put the loose change in a piggy bank and store the boots and jackets. Bring in spring with a new entry table, a cute rug or add a fresh coat of paint to welcome in the season!
- Bring in new life … plant life, that is. Plant a ‘living’ centerpiece for the coffee table, add a fern to the end table or place an orchid on your dresser! Plants clean the air and a pop of green brightens even the darkest room.
What’s your favorite Spring refresh ritual?