It’s a tiny bit ironic that in our exploration of the Arizona 5 C’s and The Cusick Group 5 C’s that we’ve paired Arizona’s ‘C’ of cattle with The Cusick Group’s ‘C’ of culture. As a native Arizonan, cattle was certainly part of our culture growing up! In fact, my family has operated a cattle ranch and dairy farm in Northern Arizona for four generations.
Arizonans have partnered with cattle in several ways. In exchange for being provided food, access to water, a place to roam, healthcare, and shelter, cows have been ridden, some pulled plows, and others carried heavy loads. They are certainly appreciated for their dairy products, and let’s not forget cow dung can be used to create manure, fertilizer and fuel. It sounds like a perfect partnership!
At The Cusick Group, culture is so important to us that we made it one of our 5 C’s. Our cultural beliefs are similar to the relationship between Arizonans and cattle.
• One of the first things we learn is mutual respect and teamwork. Everyone has something to contribute. Have gratitude for each contribution.
• It’s going to be hard work, but the sense of accomplishment we feel when we get the job done is absolutely worth it!
• It’s important to be a good neighbor. If you can see your neighbor needs a hand, be the first to lend one, or better yet, commit random acts of kindness and try not to get caught.
• Be patient with those who are still learning the ropes. Everyone was the new kid at some point.
• Do something every single day to elevate your proficiency and perfect your craft.
• When the job is done, don’t forget to have a little fun.
We are very proud of our team and our culture. Each day we strive to be the best in our industry and to raise the level of competence provided. If we’ve not yet had the opportunity to work with you, we hope to one day in the near future.