(5 minute read) Springtime in Arizona comes with so many great things: perfect weather; perfect dine on the patio atmosphere … and a perfect day to head to the ballpark!
February in Arizona means the return of the Cactus League, Arizona’s spring training for select MLB teams! The time when the hottest new prospects in baseball, and seasoned veterans, take the mound and see what they have for the upcoming year. The 2019 Spring Training schedule runs Feb. 22 through March 28.
Wondering where you should go to catch a day in the sun? Good news, Phoenix boasts 10 awesome stadiums throughout the Valley:
- Hohokam Stadium: home to the Oakland A’s
- Sloan Park: home to the Chicago Cubs
- Peoria Stadium: home to the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners
- Scottsdale Stadium: home to the San Francisco Giants
- Salt River Fields at Talking Stick: home to the home team, Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies
- Surprise Stadium: home to the Texas Rangers and Kansas City Royals
- Tempe Diablo Stadium: home to the Los Angeles Angels
- Maryvale Baseball Park: home to the Milwaukee Brewers
- Goodyear Ballpark: home to the Cincinnati Reds and Cleveland Indians
- Camelback Ranch – Glendale: home to the Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox
This year, why not experience spring training as a tourist and make yourself a bucket list?
Plan to see one game at each stadium this season. Take the family out to eat at one of the many eateries in the Valley offering a deal. Enjoy a staycation at one of Arizona’s finest properties, located conveniently near each ballpark. Take in brunch at one of the properties, head off on a hike and take in the gorgeous scenery or wander through the towns and stop into some local shops.
Spring has officially “swung” into action. No better time to get out, explore and enjoy all the peanuts, popcorn and crackerjacks you can handle. Now let’s play ball!
What’s your favorite springtime activity? Let us know in the comments below.